Monday, September 20, 2010

QUESTION : How to send updated posts to RSS feeds

Well, I've hit a snag on the blog. Most likely many of the posts will have updates, and when I update them they do not show up in the RSS feed readers again (like google reader.) This means if you are using a reader to view the site, you might miss great additions like Rachel's.

• Right now I have a manual list of updates in the top gadget on the page, but you can only see it if you visit the page.

• I've played with the idea of using a twitter feed to show updates, but I'm not sure I like the way html links show up.

• What about facebook? Do enough people look at it to notice if I post updates? Is it annoying to have a personal facebook account and a business account? What are your experiences?

Does anyone have suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. It's there, but Google Reader ignores posts that have been changed. If you go to http://adventuresinmaking.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default directly - it shows the date when Rachel edited that post.

    I did a quick search and couldn't find a setting to mark it as unread if the date published changes on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have both personal and business facebook accounts. I think it's good to have both. Not everything I post on my personal account is business related and vice versa. Also- if you made an AIM facebook page, contributors could be admins and write wall posts too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank for the help!